Marketing and Communications Associate Position
About Community Capital New York:
Community Capital New York, Inc. (CCNY) is a Westchester based nonprofit lender and Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that revitalizes communities and transforms lives. For over 32 years, CCNY has created economic opportunity for under-served, historically disadvantaged individuals and communities by funding the development of critically needed affordable housing throughout New York State, and providing flexible loans and business coaching to small business entrepreneurs in the low-to-mid Hudson Valley and Fairfield County, CT. CCNY is a dynamic organization and is poised for growth and expansion.
Reporting to the SVP of Development, the Marketing and Communications Associate will work collaboratively with senior management and the Small Business Lending and Housing Development teams and play an important role in telling CCNY’s story. Working with the management team, the Associate will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and communications strategy and plan that will effectively communicate CCNY’s work and impact to a wide range of stakeholders using multiple channels.
- Develop a Marketing and Communications plan that supports CCNY’s overall mission and the Small Business Lending and Housing Development programs. Report on progress throughout the year.
- Manage editorial calendar. Identify topics, conduct interviews, and create compelling content for website, newsletters, blogs, brochures and marketing materials, and social media.
- Maintain electronic and print collateral materials, photo library, and other assets.
- Work with SVP of Strategic Business Growth to create marketing materials for technical assistance webinars and workshops. Assist with the preparation and distribution of training materials. Market technical assistance programs through social media and email campaigns.
- Assist Development with Annual Report and Annual Appeal.
- Maintain and update MailChimp distribution list and CRM system.
- Analyze engagement data for various communications activities including website, MailChimp, and LinkedIn, making recommendations for improvements to establish and maintain positive trends.
- Periodically work with Small Business Lending team to assist with programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interview, written storytelling, and editing skills
- Ability to create and generate content in various formats for print, web, and digital outlets
- Experience managing social media accounts including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Strong organizational and time management skills, proven project management skills
- Self-motivated to perform independent and collaborative work
- Proficiency in Office 365, Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop; experience with or willing to learn Canva, Hootesuite, and MailChimp
- Availability to work a flexible schedule when needed
- Valid NYS Driver’s license, access to a car, and willingness to periodically travel to various locations throughout the Hudson Valley
- Interest in utilizing marketing and communications skills for a mission-driven nonprofit organization
- Spanish fluency a plus
The position reports to the SVP of Development. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 10, 2023. References required. Competitive salary and benefits package.