About the Program
We are proud to partner with Dutchess County in the administration of The Dutchess County Microenterprise Stabilization Grant Program. The county has made $430,000 in grants available to assist microenterprise businesses negatively affected by COVID-19; a microenterprise is defined as a business with five or fewer employees, including the owner. The program will provide grants of up to $10,000 to stabilize microenterprises and preserve low- and moderate-income jobs.
The funding for the program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant COVID/CARES Act (CDBG-CV) which was provided to the County’s Urban County CDBG Consortium. Eligible businesses must be in a municipality which is a member of the Consortium. The Consortium includes all Dutchess County municipalities, except the City of Poughkeepsie, which received its own CDBG-CV funds; the city is expected to announce a similar program using its CDBG-CV funds in the near future.
Applicants must document retention, preservation or creation of a low and moderate job as defined by the HUD. Applicants must also show they are not duplicating other assistance provided via the federal CARES Act (EIDL, PPP, and similar programs). Additional terms are listed below.
Please read the details below regarding grant terms, processes, and how to apply. Feel free to contact Fernando Ahumada, our VP of Lending serving Dutchess County, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Eligible businesses must meet the following standards and requirements
Eligible businesses must meet one of the following three requirements:
- Retain, rehire, or create at least one full-time position for a person whose full-time annual salary is less than $54,950. For retention, the position must be at imminent risk of job loss without the funding
- The business owner’s household income (including all adults at their home address) is below the income limits below; or
- The business is located within a Low- and Moderate-Income Area (LMA - see the green shaded areas on the map) AND primarily serves local residents;
click the map to view it in a lightbox on your screen
In addition, businesses must meet the following qualifications:
- Businesses must be located in Dutchess County Urban County CDBG Consortium (Businesses located in the City of Poughkeepsie are ineligible for this funding since the City of Poughkeepsie receives it owns CDBG funds and as a result is not a member of the County’s CDBG program. It is expected the City of Poughkeepsie will announce a similar program in the near future. If you’d like to be notified of this announcement, please let us know on the Contact page and an email will be sent to you when and if that program opens.)
- 5 or fewer employees, including the owner
- For-profit business (non-profits are ineligible)
- Operate outside of a residential property
- In operation prior to March 15, 2017
- Must document that funds are not duplicating other financial assistance provided via the CARES Act
- Business owners must have a credit score of at least 600 and a credit report that shows responsible financial management prior to the COVID-19 crisis
- Businesses must demonstrate positive net income pre-COVID according to the most recent Federal Tax Return
- The business must be able to produce proof of Worker’s Compensation, as required by NYS Law, or other documentation acceptable to Community Capital New York.
- Businesses must be able to document that they have had a 25% reduction in revenue due to COVID-19
Businesses That Are Excluded
The Process & When You Can Expect to Hear From Us
- Grant requirements are subject to change and allocated funds may be depleted so it is in the interest of the business to submit documents promptly once they have been requested.
- If your credit score does not qualify or if there is negative information, we will let you know that your application has been declined.
- If we confirm you meet the minimum requirements , we will request supporting documentation to confirm that your business meets all of the program requirements.
- After we review these documents, if we find that your business does not qualify for the grant, we will email you a decline letter.
- If we find that you meet all the program requirements and qualify for the grant, we will send you the closing documents for your review and schedule the closing.
- If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your patience as we work hard to support the small businesses of Dutchess County.
Please complete the application form below and we will be in contact with you soon.
Questions? Please contact our Lending Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or immediate needs.
Please be sure to complete all sections of the grant application form below and we will be in touch with you soon.