THE CITY OF POUGHKEEPSIE MICROENTERPRISE STABILIZATION GRANT PROGRAM
About the Program
The City of Poughkeepsie is dedicated to the growth and welfare of our community and its economic success. This success is dependent on the stabilization, maintenance, and growth of the City’s small businesses. As part of our continued commitment to assisting these businesses, the City is partnering with Community Capital of New York to offer The City of Poughkeepsie Microenterprise Stabilization Grant Program to eligible businesses.
The City has made available $200,000 in grants available to assist microenterprise businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19. This will provide grants of up to $10,000 to stabilize microenterprises and preserve low and moderate income jobs. A microenterprise is defined as a business with five (5) or fewer employees, including the owner. The funding for the program comes from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Community Development Block Grant COVID/CARES Act (CDBG-CV).
Applicants must provide records and information to demonstrate the preservation or creation of a low and moderate job as defined by HUD. Applicants must also show they are not duplicating other assistance provided via the federal CARES Act. Additional terms are listed below.
Please read the details below regarding specific grant terms, processes, and how to apply. Feel free to contact Fernando Ahumada, VP of Lending serving Dutchess County, directly at email@example.com with any questions.
Eligible businesses must meet the following standards and requirements
Eligible businesses must meet one of the following three requirements:
- Retain, rehire, or create at least one full-time position for a person whose full-time annual salary is less than $54,950. For retention, the position must be at imminent risk of job loss without the funding
- The business owner’s household income (including all adults at their home address) is below the income limits below; or
- The business is located within a Low- and Moderate-Income Area (LMA - see the green shaded areas on the map) AND primarily serves local residents;
Click the map to view it in a lightbox.
In addition, businesses must meet the following qualifications:
- Businesses must be located in the City of Poughkeepsie
- 5 or fewer employees, including the owner
- For-profit business (non-profits are ineligible)
- Operate outside of a residential property
- In operation for at least three years
- Must document that funds are not duplicating other financial assistance provided via the CARES Act
- The business may be asked to produce payroll records, proof of Workmen’s Compensation or other documentation to verify number of employees.
Businesses That Are Excluded
The Process & When You Can Expect to Hear From Us
- Grant requirements are subject to change and allocated funds may be depleted so it is in the interest of the business to submit documents promptly once they have been requested.
- If we confirm you meet the minimum requirements , we may request supporting documentation to confirm that your business meets all of the program requirements.
- After we review these documents, if we find that your business does not qualify for the grant, we will email you a decline letter.
- If we find that you meet all the program requirements and qualify for the grant, we will send you the closing documents for your review and schedule the closing.
- After you receive your grant funds you will be required to submit receipts, payroll records or other documentation as to how the funds were used.
- If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience as we work hard to support the small businesses of the City of Poughkeepsie.
Please complete the application form below and we will be in contact with you soon.
Questions? Please contact our Lending Team at email@example.com with questions or immediate needs.
Please be sure to complete all sections of the grant application form below and we will be in touch with you soon.